The eastern path along Fairy Glen follows the Afon Colwyn which, with the Fairy Glen (then known as Y Nant), was mentioned by the traveller Edward Llwyd in 1699. He described the area as having seven wells and being completely wooded. There are, in fact, remaining indicators in Fairy Glen which identify it as an ancient woodland. The path is also shown on the 1839 Llysfaen Tithe Map and it is now part of the North Wales Coastal Path. In 1903 Fairy Glen was gifted to the Council by the Cefn Meriadog Estate and became popular with both locals and tourists. It was restored in 1998 and is now a designated Local Nature Reserve. It is dominated by oak and sycamore and has conditions ideal for fern growth.
Find out more: Fairy Glen Local Nature Reserve