Completed in 1892, the Municipal Building accommodated both the police station and a court, as can be seen by the pair of handcuffs and the scales of justice in the stonework around the door.
Stone panels set into the parapet are inscribed with the names of the other occupants of the building, Denbighshire County Council, the National and Provincial Bank of England Ltd., and the Colwyn Bay and Pwllycrochan Estate Company, and the date 1887. The date of the building itself, 1892, is over the left hand window. In 1901 the Urban District Council’s offices were based here. The building is now used as a public house.