The Government Buildings occupy the site where the Town Hall once stood. That building was opened in 1904, with the town’s fire station next door. In 1964 the Council moved to Glan y Don Hall in Old Colwyn and the building was demolished soon afterwards.
The War Memorial was unveiled outside the Town Hall . When the Town Hall was demolished the War Memorial was moved to Queen’s Gardens.
A First World War tank also stood outside the Town Hall. It had been presented to the town on January 12th, 1920.