Never before in its short history had the Victorian seaside resort of Colwyn Bay had such an important role. In 1940 the town made an extraordinary contribution in housing the staff and manning the offices of the Ministry of Food. It was vital to ensure the fair and equal distribution of food during the war, and although there were many regional food offices all over the country this was enabled and overseen from the headquarters at Colwyn Bay.
Mount Royal Typing Pool
Find out more about the Ministry of Food’s time in Colwyn Bay: