Summary: The View is a small area of land in Upper Colwyn Bay, so named because of its extensive views towards Anglesey, the Conwy valley and Snowdonia.
Grid reference: SH 835777
© OpenStreetMap contributors. Click on map to enlarge.
Although directly overlooking Mochdre and the Conwy estuary, from its height of approximately 165m. (550ft.) a wide ranging area can be seen, from Rhos on Sea and Bryn Euryn to the north, westwards round to Carnedd Llewelyn and Moel Siabod in the distance to the south, with splendid views of Anglesey and Penmaenbach and the Conwy Valley in between. These points can all be identified by use of the plaque on a viewing platform erected in 2002 by the Conwy CBC’s Countryside Service.
The site came into public ownership in 1941 when it was given to the Borough of Colwyn Bay by its then owner, the Right Honourable Baron Colwyn of Queens Lodge, Colwyn Bay, the town’s first mayor, who at the time also owned other surrounding farmland.
Conwy CBC Open Spaces Service