Ysgol Eirias

Ysgol Eirias

The building of the first school on the Eirias site began in 1903 for the Higher Grade School. In 1919 a decision was made to change the school to a Secondary School, which opened in 1920. It later became the Grammar School.

The school was refused permission for sole use of a field in the park in February 1935. However, by May of the same year the Council’s Parks Committee had agreed to provide a public recreation area in the park for the provision of a joint football and hockey pitch suitable for children. The Central School was allowed the use of this area on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during term time, from 11.00-12.00 and 3.00-4.00. The Council also agreed to provide goalposts at a cost of 30 shillings and the Central School would be responsible for the markings on the pitch.

The building is now part of Eirias High School.

logos

Rhannwch y dudalen hon
Colwyn Bay Heritage Group