
Grounds for Hope: Colwyn Bay Football Club Town and People 1881 to 2025
Extensively researched and published by Arthur Holden with additional material by Aled Williams. Colwyn Bay Football Club is one of…

Extensively researched and published by Arthur Holden with additional material by Aled Williams. Colwyn Bay Football Club is one of…

The promenade we recognise today was built in sections over many years, beginning around 1872 when the Colwyn Bay Hotel was also being built.

The origins of the Eirias Park we recognise today began in 1921. By 1933 among the park's attractions were eight grey shale tennis courts.

The George Davies Bowls Trophy has been won every year since 1931 and has had many local winners.

The official opening of Colwyn Leisure Centre took place on May 12th, 1981 when Princess Margaret attended, arriving by helicopter,…

For the Festival of Britain in 1951, the Council developed land used as allotments during World War II into the sports arena and running track.

Fondly described as the “playground by the sea” Eirias Park has always been a facility to be enjoyed by all…