
The Amusement Park
Patrick Ross Collins (Young Pat) was born in Chester on March 7th, 1886. While travelling by train from his home…

Patrick Ross Collins (Young Pat) was born in Chester on March 7th, 1886. While travelling by train from his home…

Key Dates in the Colwyn Foulkes Architectural Practice History

Sidney Colwyn Foulkes OBE, Hon.M.Arch (Liverpool), FRIBA, FILA., AMTPI. NB The narrative below focuses on the life and career of…

In 1912 Picture Playhouse (Rhos) Ltd was formed and the directors engaged Sidney Colwyn Foulkes to design a cinema to…

Old Colwyn’s first cinema, “The Picture House” was on the site of the building which became M & K’s body…

The village’s second cinema, the “Supreme”, funded by public subscription in 1922, had 600 tip-up seats and two luxurious boxes.…

“The park by the sea” covers 50 acres. The first 27 acres were bought on April 12th, 1921 and the remainder in 1929.

The promenade we recognise today was built in sections over many years, beginning around 1872 when the Colwyn Bay Hotel was also being built.

The Dingle Path runs through a woodland glade along a stream, starting at the viaduct and ending on Abergele Road.

The origins of the Eirias Park we recognise today began in 1921. By 1933 among the park's attractions were eight grey shale tennis courts.

For the Festival of Britain in 1951, the Council developed land used as allotments during World War II into the sports arena and running track.

Fondly described as the “playground by the sea” Eirias Park has always been a facility to be enjoyed by all…

Dinosaur World stood opposite the boating lake and was a very popular attraction in the park until 2003. Advertised as…

The Boating Lake at the centre of Eirias Park was officially opened on June 6th, 1935 having been built at…

Following National Eisteddfod tradition, this gorsedd stone circle was placed in Eirias Park in preparation for the proclamation ceremony of…