
History of Eirias Park
“The park by the sea” covers 50 acres. The first 27 acres were bought on April 12th, 1921 and the remainder in 1929.

“The park by the sea” covers 50 acres. The first 27 acres were bought on April 12th, 1921 and the remainder in 1929.

The promenade we recognise today was built in sections over many years, beginning around 1872 when the Colwyn Bay Hotel was also being built.

The Dingle Path runs through a woodland glade along a stream, starting at the viaduct and ending on Abergele Road.

Dinosaur World stood opposite the boating lake and was a very popular attraction in the park until 2003. Advertised as…

The Boating Lake at the centre of Eirias Park was officially opened on June 6th, 1935 having been built at…

Following National Eisteddfod tradition, this gorsedd stone circle was placed in Eirias Park in preparation for the proclamation ceremony of…

The name Four Oaks originated with the oak trees planted in the park to mark special occasions.