Known during its early history as Dingle Dell, the Dingle Path runs through a woodland glade along a stream, starting at the viaduct and ending at the centre of Colwyn Bay town on the main thoroughfare, Abergele Road. The rustic bridge crosses over the stream into the entrance of what was once the Dinglewood School.
“A short walk from the central pier…brings one to the celebrated Dingle, with its murmuring stream and shady trees” (Hotel and Apartment Housekeepers Association of Colwyn Bay c. 1930/40).
Opposite the top of the Dingle used to be the Dingle Café, established circa 1880. “The Café fascinates all patrons….who always recommend to their friends our prompt service and civilty.”