
Ornamental Gates
The ornamental gates at the entrance to Eirias Park were a gift to the town from the profits of the Royal National Eisteddfod of 1947.

The ornamental gates at the entrance to Eirias Park were a gift to the town from the profits of the Royal National Eisteddfod of 1947.

Following National Eisteddfod tradition, this gorsedd stone circle was placed in Eirias Park in preparation for the proclamation ceremony of…

Tabernacl Chapel on the north side of Abergele Road was built in 1888 and was used by both the Welsh and the English Baptist congregations.

The Welsh Methodists built a Chapel on a site in Conway Road, opposite the bottom of Woodland Road West, in 1873 at a cost of £700.

"We have got a site and £1035 has been raised…" so began the building of Saint David's Church at Rhiw Road.

The original chapel, built in 1903, was called Hermon. It was replaced in 2007 by a new chapel of contemporary design called Capel y Rhos.

Engedi was opened in Woodland Road West in 1879 by the Presbyterians, who had worshipped in a building on Conway Road.

The Welsh congregation funded the building of Capel Salem, which was opened on the September 28th 1885.

This chapel, named Horeb, was opened on November 2nd 1902, built on 1,374 square yards of land in Rhiw Road purchased for £550.

This Methodist chapel began life in 1897 as a branch of Engedi, but later in the same year it was established as a separate chapel.