The Welsh Baptist cause began locally in 1861 and its first chapel, Calfaria, was built in 1862 at the top of Church Walks (now two houses, nos. 15 & 16). The present building, costing £1,860, was built in 1893.
It is enclosed by a front wall of granite with limestone cock and hen coping, and limestone side walls. Limestone pillars and a pair of gates on Princess Road lead to the bold front porch. A badly eroding sandstone plaque is inscribed “CALFARIA” and “ADDOLDY Y BEDYDDWYR”.
The symmetrical front elevation is of squared granite blocks, laid to course, with limestone quoins, door and window openings. The main entrance doors are of substantial vertical boards with strap hinges. The porch is flanked by arched windows with leaded stained glass set under a large semi-circular arch. Four crisply lettered foundation stones on each side of the porch are dated June 8th 1893.
The prominent large circular window high in the centre of the gable has sandstone tracery and square panes of coloured glass under a hood mould. The construction date is prominently displayed in limestone: 18 AD 93.
The plainer side limestone elevations consist of four bays with semi-circular arched window openings and timber sash windows with narrow edging panes. The slate roof is finished with red ridge tiles. Pleasingly much of the original character of the exterior of this chapel has survived.