This fine single storey stone building was built in 1912 for the London City and Midland Bank Ltd to a design by Liverpool architects, Woodfall and Eccles. The building is of sandstone, with a rusticated plinth, ashlar masonry above, and a slate roof with red ridge tiles behind a balustraded parapet.
The splayed corner main entrance is of particular note with its pediment, semicircular arched entrance, pair of solid doors and carving. A semi-circular fanlight above the doors is deeply recessed in the arch. The elevations fronting Abergele Road and Cefn Road are to the same design and detailing. The Grade II Listed building is especially notable for the quality of the masonry and the carving.
The former bank, now a pharmacy, is an fine example of an early 20th century bank building.