Originally called Glan yr Afon, Llawr Pentre was the birthplace of Old Colwyn and was the site of the ford. Located here were a flour mill, farm, slaughter house, wheelwrights, saddlery, and a butcher’s shop. Dating back to before the 1750s, the mill was driven by water from the mill pond in Pen y Bryn, which in turn was fed from a sluice in Ddol Ddu.
The mill closed in the 1920s and 21 of the cottages were condemned in 1940. The tenants were rehoused in the new housing estate in Mochdre. Nos 1-3 Lawr Pentre at the northern end of the terrace are early 19th century houses that have been Listed Grade II.