When the Boating Lake at the centre of Eirias Park was officially opened on June 6th, 1935 the Mayor planted two oak trees. The trees, on the eastern and western sides of the boathouse, were to commemorate the King’s Jubilee and the service given to the town by Alderman D. P. Evans, mainly as Chairman of the Park Committee (westerly side of the boathouse).
In 1943 this tree by the old wishing well was planted to commemorate the valuable service given by Alderman D. Price Evans, J. P. as Chairman of the Parks Committee between 1934 and 1943. A great deal of the development of Eirias Park we still recognise today took place during this time.
The plaque shown above is attached to the back of the wishing well.
This trail is part of the Age Friendly Communities Project which is part funded by the European Regional Development fund through the Ireland and Wales Interregional Programme 2007 – 2013.