The English Methodists initially worshipped in the Welsh Wesleyan Church, Bethesda, on Sundays after its morning service, in the evening above Alex Orme’s toyshop and in the week in Shiloh Chapel in Greenfield Road. They took over the Baptist’s “Iron” chapel in 1905.
The present church opened in 1909, seating 250 and was extended in 1933 to accommodate a large Sunday School. When the Second World War broke out evacuees from Liverpool were temporarily accommodated in the schoolroom.
The Arts and Crafts style building, designed by Porter & Elcock of Colwyn Bay and built by J. Tucker & Sons, cost £1,500 and the land £367 10s. The church is unusually low and built of squared limestone with a Westmoreland slate roof, laid to diminishing courses with plain red ridge tiles. Sandstone has been chosen for the door and window openings, copings and kneelers.
The roof line is dominated by a large square cupola and louvred vents, complete with a weathervane. A special feature of the roof is that it is built without nails. Note the round window on the gable facing Wynn Avenue divided into five smaller circular windows. Three small very narrow windows, two of which are at ground level, provide interest to this elevation. Note also the herringbone patterned band of stones on the front elevation lining up with the centre of the circular window.
To the right of the main gate is a Tulip tree, believed to be the only one in the district.