The first Presbyterian Chapel, Hebron, opened in 1861 on what is now the path from Rosehill to Llanelian Road, with the houses built alongside it named Hebron Terrace. The chapel has since been converted into a house.
The present chapel, built in 1904, is of squared limestone with sandstone dressings to the doorways, quoins, window openings, string course and the pediment. The slate roof is finished in decorative red ridge tiles and vents.
The symmetrical front elevation consists of a large gable, with two identical arched doorways located at the sides, with vertically boarded doors with elaborate strap hinges. Above each doorway is a circular window of unusual and effective design, glazed in square coloured glass.
The central part of the front elevation includes a three light window complete with stained glass, with a round window above, also with square panes of coloured glass. The date AD 1903 is finely carved in sandstone below the circular window and, below the date, the name “HEBRON” with “TREFNYDDION” on the left hand side and “CALFINAIDD” to the right. The side elevations and the cross wing at the back continue the design theme of the front elevation.
Much of the exterior of this fine chapel has remained remarkably unaltered. Worth noting are the unusual design of the round windows (consisting of a circular window surrounded by six semi-circular openings, all within a large circle), and the pleasing off-white used on the windows which complements the masonry. Of particular interest is the quoin or corner stone detailing consisting of long and short work, reminiscent of Saxon churches, but refined in a rather pleasing and subtle way.