On the left of Sea View Road is the Bay View Shopping Centre, which opened in 1987 on the site of the former railway sidings and amusement park. The opening of the Colwyn Bay section of the A55 Expressway in 1985 not only made possible the construction of the Bay View Centre but also removed a lot of traffic congestion from Abergele and Conway Roads. Imagine all of the traffic on the A55 having to use these roads today!
Pat Collins’ Amusement Park was also located adjacent to the sidings for many years. Whilst the Council initially opposed the development in 1934, it relented a year later and the Amusement Park opened at Easter, 1935. A very popular attraction with locals and holidaymakers alike, the Park continued to operate throughout the war. Pat Collins died in February 1966 and was buried on the Great Orme. The park closed in December 1980.